Professors T. Betts (cochair), B. Cawley, D. Cook, M. Lam, D. Snyder, L. Van Drunen, J. Voskuil
Associate Professors T. Bergsma, P. Snyder, J. Stansbury (James & Judith Chambery Fellow for the Study of Ethics in Business), M. Stansbury (cochair)
Assistant Professors P. Johnson, D. Pruis, J. Risner
Calvin’s business program is about so much more than the bottom line—it’s about a Christian calling to participate in a vital part of society. Calvin’s business programs will give you the courses, real-world learning, and leadership development opportunities to empower you to help create a better world. Your course of study will be customized to meet your interests and prepare you for your career. You will get foundational understanding of business plus in-depth knowledge in one of four majors—Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, or Marketing. These business majors have also been sized so there is plenty of room to double major or minor in another area of interest.
Calvin’s business program combines courses taught by experienced business professionals with real-world learning opportunities to provide excellent preparation for your career. The business program at Calvin prepares you for the workplace by tackling real-world business problems in courses, internships, networking events, and more.
- Collaboration in Courses. Business courses include projects to help real organizations and corporations identify and solve business challenges. You will collaborate with other business students in group activities and team projects to help you develop skills in teamwork, market research, leadership, and public speaking.
- Internships. Gain valuable experience by using your developing skills in the workplace.
- Off-Campus Programs. Study business in global markets like India, China, Europe, and South Korea through semester-long study or interim trips.
- Business Activities and Organizations. Student groups can help you find your passion and serve God with your business skills. Join organizations such as Calvin Business Forum, Knight Investment Management, HR Club, and the Calvin University Marketing Club.
- Networking. Regular events with members of the thriving West Michigan business community will help you make contacts, develop skills, and discover where God is calling you.
The department offers study in the primary fields of business as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts in Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing with an ability to choose from the following concentrations:
- Analytics and Research
- Marketing Management
- Professional Selling
Additionally, the department offers the following minors:
The business department collaborates with other departments to enable the university to offer the following majors:
CoursesBusinessEntrepreneurshipFinanceHuman ResourcesMarketingSupply Chain